Tribest Green Star Elite GSE-5050 Cold Press Juicer Review
Tribest Green Star Elite GSE-5050 Jumbo Twin Gear Cold Press Juice Extractor
The Tribest Greenstar Elite series of cold press juicers have been a “must have” masticating juicer for many serious and dedicated juicers over the years. This is because serious juicers understand the benefits of a cold pressed juicer machine and they know the quality craftsmanship that comes with the Tribest name.
Why do Serious Juicers Choose a Cold Press Juicer
A cold press or masticating juicer is the preferred choice of serious juicers looking to get the healthiest and most nutritional juice possible. This is because a slow masticating juicer has many advantages when compared to a centrifugal juicer.
Top Cold Press Juicer Benefits
- Retains more vitamins and nutrients
- Extracts a larger quantity of juice
- Better at juicing leafy greens
- Juice can be stored longer
A masticating slow juicer extracts juice from fresh fruits and vegetables using a slow speed auger that crushes the fruits and vegetables and replicates the mastication process that our jaws create when eating. Because of the slow speeds used, a cold press masticating juicer does not produce heat or airflow like a centrifugal juicer does. This means that the juice that is extracted will be much healthier and retain more of the important vitamins and nutrients.
On the other hand, a centrifugal juicer uses a high speed, spinning blade to separate the juice from the flesh of the fruits and vegetables you are juicing. This airflow will cause the juice to oxidize much more quickly and kill many of the nutrients and vitamins in the juice. Additionally, it is argued by many that the heat created with a centrifugal juicer will also kill off important nutrients and vitamins.
A slow speed cold press juicer also creates a significantly larger volume of juice from the same amount of produce when compared to even the best centrifugal juicer. This means you will end up with a much dryer pulp and less waste. Juicing on a daily or regular basis can be expensive when it comes to the cost of produce (unless you happen to own your own farm or have a large garden). This means that by using a slow press juicer you will save a significant amount of money over the long run.
Many of the important nutrients and vitamins that you get from juicing come from leafy green vegetables. In fact, when juicing you should be using a more vegetables than fruits. The spinning blades of a centrifugal juicer have a hard time extracting juice from leafy greens. A masticating juicer such as the Tribest Greenstar Elite GSE-5050 twin gear cold press juicer simply does a much better job juicing leafy greens. This means you will get the most out of produce such as spinach, kale and wheatgrass, 3 staples of many different fresh pressed juice recipes.
Another great benefit that comes with owning a quality cold press juicer is the fact that the juice you extract can be stored for a longer period without spoiling. Again, this has to do with the heat and airflow created with a centrifugal juicer.
It is always suggested to drink the juice you extract as soon as possible, preferably right away. However, with people’s busy lifestyles, this is not always possible and often it is convenient to make enough juice at one time for the next day or two. The juice extracted with a centrifugal juicer can only be stored for about 24 hours before spoiling and losing most of its nutritional value. On the other hand the juice extracted with a masticating juicer can often be stored for up to 72 hours meaning you will be spending a lot less time juicing.
Now that you have a better understanding on why owning the best cold press juicer has its advantages, let’s get to the Tribest Green Star Elite GSE-5050 Jumbo Twin Gear cold press juice extractor review.
Tribest Green Star Elite GSE-5050 Jumbo Twin Gear Cold Press Juice Extractor Review
Tribest has been known to manufacture some of the best cold press masticating juicers on the market and their Green Star line of juicers are known to be among the top cold press juicers made today. The Green Star Elite series takes things even a bit further by having a higher juice yield than either the Green Star GS-1000 or the GS-3000.
The Tribest Green Star Elite series currently has three different models, the GSE-5050, GSE-5000 and GSE-5010. The only difference between the three models is the color; the GSE-5050 comes in chrome as you can see from the photos on this page.
Tribest Green Star Elite Cold Press Juicer
- Extremely Portable: The GSE-5050 is easy to take with you or move from counter to counter with the convenient balanced sure-grip handle.
- Automatic Pulp Ejection: Enjoy continuous juicing with the automatic pulp ejection system featured with the Green Star Elite GSE-5050 cold press juicer. Additionally, this system helps make cleanup easier.
- More than Just a Juicer: Not only does this twin gear masticating juicer do a great job of juicing most herbs, fruits and vegetables but it can also grind grains and nuts.
- Easy to Clean: With few parts and an easy to assemble and disassemble design, the Green Star Elite is extremely easy to clean. Additionally the automatic pulp ejection system helps make clean up even easier.
- Warranty: Something we really love about the Tribest Green Star Elite is the fact that it comes with a 12-year warranty, this is quite a bit longer than many other cold press juicer brands offer.
- Mesh Screen: Although the GSE-5050 Elite juicer is very easy to clean, the mesh screen does present some problems when it comes to clean up. Although not impossible to clean nor a reason not to choose this impressive cold pressed juice machine, some customers have complained about cleaning the mesh screen.
- Expensive: The Green Star GSE-5050 masticating juicer does come with an expensive price tag, at least when compared to centrifugal juicers. The truth is the price is actually right on par with other high quality slow press juicers. Although you can find cheap cold press juicers, they will not do near the job juicing fruits and vegetables as the GSE-5050 does.
Screen Cleaning Tip: “The trick to cleaning the juicing screen is to run cold water over it, and scrub it out with the supplied brush, from the inside. This breaks off all the little pulp fibers that are stuck in the holes of the screen. Then scrub the outside. The pulp just comes right off quickly via this method in about a minute.”
From our tests and customer reviews, 4 ½ stars out of 5 on Amazon, we believe this to be one of the best cold press juicers on the market today. Tribest has never failed to deliver when it comes to manufacturing high quality juicers and the Tribest Green Star Elite GSE-5050 Jumbo Twin Gear cold press juice extractor is no exception.
If you are looking for the best cold press juicer at a reasonable price (reasonable when talking about a high quality masticating juicer) then the Tribest Green Star GSE-5050 cold press juicer is a great choice.
Tags: Best Cold Press Juicer, Cold Press Juicer Review, Green Star Elite, Green Star Elite GSE-5050 Cold Press Juicer Review, Masticating Juicer, Tribest
Categorised in: Juicers